- Anchor of Hope
- Charity Appeal
- Catholic Foundation
- Shepherds of Hope
- Make a Gift Now
Types of Giving
Thank you for considering a gift to the Catholic Charity Appeal. Your generosity will provide critical resources to the Church to provide to those in the greatest of need.
Bishop’s Partnership in Charity
Bishop’s Partners in Charity are individuals who have stewarded God’s gifts in a special way and shared at least $1,000 or more to the Catholic Charity Appeal. This group is open to all who would like to share their significant gifts to allow our diocese to serve our sisters and brothers in Christ.
Your gift of treasures, given in gratitude for the blessings you have received, makes a profound leadership statement to others and is gratefully recognized by Bishop Tobin. Regular updates on the use of your gifts are published in the Rhode Island Catholic.
$10,000+ Bishop’s Circle $5,000 – $9,999 Leadership $2,500 – $4,999 Champion $2,000 – $2,499 Benefactor $1,000 – $1,999 Partner $500 – $999 Contributor $250 – $499 Sponsor $100 – $249 Patron $1 – $99 Supporter
Types of Gifts
Options for your consideration
- Cash Gifts: This is the most common method of completing a financial pledge. Your gift to the Catholic Charity Fund Appeal is tax deductible and can be paid over the next twelve months.
- Credit Cards: You may now use your MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover Card to make Catholic Charity Appeal gifts. Information on how to do this is on our “Donate Online” page.
- Gifts of Securities: When you make a gift of appreciated publicly traded securities (including stocks) you have owned for at least one year, you avoid all capital gains taxes. In addition, you may take a charitable deduction for the full market value of those securities on the date of your gift. To make a gift of stock or other securities, please contact the Catholic Foundation at 277-2121 for assistance. Please consult with your tax advisor on the applicable tax savings since this may vary among individuals.
- Gifts of Real Estate or Tangible Property: Property can be gifted as an outright gift or by bequest.
- United Way: Donor designated gifts to the Catholic Charity Appeal can be done through payroll deduction with your employer or by utilizing the United Way Philanthropy Fund and designating your gift to “Catholic Charities of Rhode Island.”
- Matching Gifts: Your gift’s value may be increased if you or your spouse is employed by a company with a matching gift program. Please contact your Human Resource Department and forward the appropriate forms with your gift. Matching gift opportunities are often extended to retired employees also.
- Parish Credit: Please remember that your Catholic Charity gifts will be credited to your parish’s Catholic Charity Appeal effort.
Your gift, in whatever amount it may be, is given in gratitude for all the blessings that God has bestowed upon you and your family. Whenever and wherever needy people are helped, your support of the Catholic Charity Appeal is truly making a difference in the lives of your sisters and brothers who turn to the Church in their time of need. Never underestimate the impact you have by bringing hope to the less fortunate within our diocese.
In thanks and gratitude for your gift of $50 or more, you will receive a complimentary subscription to the Rhode Island Catholic which will describe in detail exactly how your generous contribution has touched someone’s life. If you are one “to whom much has been given,” please consider becoming a member of the Bishop’s Partnership in Charity with a gift of $1,000 or more. By doing so, you will join many other good stewards in our journey of faith together.
Please remember that a gift to the Catholic Charity Appeal can also provide you with certain tax benefits. Be assured that your parish will receive credit for your contribution.
In order to comply with P.C.I regulations, all credit card donations must be made through our secure website; therefore, the Catholic Charity Appeal can no longer accept a person’s credit card number over the phone or in writing. The new rules are designed to protect credit card users from fraud, identity theft and credit card fraud. If you would like to make a credit card donation, simply click “Make a Gift Now” at the top of the page. Confused? Click the appropriate box below for step-by-step instructions for making a credit card gift using our donate page.